Monday, February 7, 2011

Selected Haiku

Selected Haiku Old and New

old pond
a frog jumps into
the sound of water
(Basho)

Wake! The sky is light!
  let us to the road
  again...
Companion butterfly!
(Basho)

Cold night: the wild duck
sick, falls from the sky
  and sleeps awhile.
(Basho)

coming back--
so many pathways
through the spring grass
(Buson)

thinking of you
I go up on the hill
and wander
(Buson)

a summer river being crossed
how pleasing with sandals
in my hand!
(Buson)

retreating waves
pull the world from
beneath my feet
(Robert Mestre)

father's pride-
ducks watch my daughter
pretend to be a duck
(Robert Mestre)

staying on the beach
so long it forgets
I am here
(Jane Reichhold)

asleep on the sand
the smell of sea
in my hand
(Jane Reichhold)

Autumn loneliness
finding your postcard
from Manhattan
(Geppo)

Story-telling art
Lives on in Nigeria
Just check your e-mail
(John, Cho)

round lumps of cells grow
up to love porridge  later
become The Supremes
(Anselm Hollo)

No comments:

Post a Comment