Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Quotes by Alan Watts
- The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
- And the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging to belief, of holding on.
- But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything.
- The reason we want to go on and on is because we live in an impoverished present.
- But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is.
- Reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know.
- You are that vast thing that you see far, far off with great telescopes.
- Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command.
Posted by vicsmuse at 10:58 PM